Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
After staying here three nights, depart Al Udeid Air Base on C-130 with about 21 sailors to HOA. Major (MAJ) Mickey Moppin, US Army Vet Corps is also on this flight. He was first MVPH grad at NC State under Jay Levine's program. Five hour ride from Qatar to HOA Camp Lemonier. After landing we get briefing from XO of HOA, a Navy Commander (CDR) then I am met by Captain (CPT) John Andresen, the 354th Functional Specialty Team Chief, and Lt. Commander (LCDR) Matt Korioth of same group that I am joining. I had called Matt the previous day to let him know my travel plans. They meet me and get me some chow and checked into my "CLU" (Containerized Living Unit). I have a "wet CLU" with individual toilet and shower. Individual window AC unit which makes a lot of racket but better than being hot.
Labels:
Al Udeid Air Base,
HOA Camp Lemonier
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment